There have been no cancellations of flights to Cyprus, Tourism Deputy Minister tells CNA

There have been no incidents of flight cancellations to Cyprus, Deputy Minister of Tourism, Kostas Koumis, has said, noting that recent fires "have been extinguished" and the country remains a "safe destination."

"Following a report in the British press raising the question whether flights to our country have been cancelled as a consequence of the fires that broke out this week, I would like to assure that we have not had any incidents of flight cancellations," the Deputy Minister told CNA on 13 June.

Koumis stated that "all scheduled flights are operating normally, the fires have been extinguished and our country was, is and remains a safe destination."

On the contrary, he added, on Thursday "we had the inaugural flight of Royal Jordanian from Amman, Jordan to Paphos airport, Jazeera Airways flights from Kuwait to Larnaca airport resumed, and in general flights to our country continue to be strengthened on a weekly basis."

Koumis also recalled that earlier this week Wizz Air announced that it increases the number of flights from a total of 11 airports in Europe.

(Source: CNA)

Read More

Cyprus airports not affected by software technical problems
CySEC imposes €200,000 administrative fine on IC Markets (EU) Ltd
Technical outage has caused no major problems in Cyprus, Research DepMin source says
Elias Neocleous & Co LLC achieves Band 1 ranking for High-Net-Worth client services
Global IT system outage prompts Wizz Air to advise passengers to get to airport early
Food and Wine sector among our priorities, Tourism Minister says
Careers in RegTech: Why IT experts choose to work at Complytek
AHEPA Supreme Convention to take place in Cyprus 21-26 July
Netflix premiering Cyprus-produced 'Find Me Falling' (video)
Limassol Chamber representatives meet with Health Minister