SAFE BULKERS Inc.: 3rd Annual Scholarship Announcement
Press Release 12:59 - 26 July 2023
SAFE BULKERS Inc., a New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) listed company, and its CEO, Polys V. Hajioannou, have announced the 3rd Annual Scholarship Program for the academic year 2023-2024, in the context of the Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility Policy.
The program consists of 10 scholarships that will be granted to Cypriot citizens or Greek citizens settled in Cyprus, either students graduating from Educational Institutions in Cyprus (Lyceum) or those who are attending studies at universities in Greece, the United Kingdom and other respective Universities abroad. An amount of €10,000 per scholarship shall be awarded based on the academic merit and financial status of the participants who aim to pursue a professional career in the Maritime Industry.
In specific, the scholarships are related to undergraduate or postgraduate studies (Master) for studies abroad in the fields of:
-NAVAL ENGINEERING - MECHANICAL ENGINEERING - NAVAL ARCHITECTURE - MARINE ENGINEERING
-ELECTRICAL / ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING – COMPUTER ENGINEERING
Minimum Academic Requirements
- Lyceum graduates: Certificate of acceptance from a respective University. Cyprus Apolytirion grade (min 18.0) or A-levels in Mathematics or Physics (min B) will be considered.
- UK University students: Average yearly grade over 60% or 2.1.
- Students of Universities of Greece: Average yearly grade over 6.5.
- Postgraduate studies for Masters (M.Sc.) in the United Kingdom: Degree in Hellenic Polytechnic with grade 7.5 or from a University of the United Kingdom with grade 2.1
- Students from other Universities abroad: Average Grade above “Very Good”
- Family status
- Family income.
If you are interested to apply for the program, you can visit the company’s website https://safebulkers.com/scholarships and fill out online the electronic application form with the requested information. In case of any inquiries or clarifications regarding the scholarship program, can contact the company via e-mail: email@example.com
Applications for the academic year 2023-2024 must be submitted to the company not later than 31 August 2023.
Supporting documentation and certifications can be provided at a later stage until the beginning of the academic year.
The pre-approval of the scholarship will be based on the Application, while the final approval will be confirmed upon submission of the required supporting documents.